- Speaking Valve with integrated HME filer.
- Membrane closed in basic position (“closed-position valve”) – opens during inspiration.
- Advantage: No enhanced exhalation pressure required to close the valve and to facilitate speaking. Less fatigue for the patient, better speaking quality.
- Low profile, lightweight.
- Open-pore polyurethane filter coated with a hygrophilic substance to retain moisture.
- Filter in proximal position (towards the patient).
- With multi-adapter to fit both 22 mm combi-adapter devices (KOMBI) and 15 mm connector devices (UNI).
Humidophone Plus Speaking Valve HME
The Humidophone Plus is a compact speaking valve with an HME (Heat and Moisture Exchanger) filter which enables tracheostomees with an intact larynx to speak.
The membrane of the Humidophone Plus HME filter rests in the closed position (“closed-position valve”) and opens during inspiration. The advantage of this is that no enhanced exhalation pressure is required to close the valve and to facilitate speaking.
This means less fatigue for the user, and better speaking quality.
It is also lightweight and low profile/discrete.