The main benefit is increased independence in communication, because the ProxTalker actually talks!
- Robust, water resistant and easy to use.
- Portable in back pack or wheelchair/wall mountable in binder format.
- Light touch option for easier access.
- Tags can be labelled with wide range of symbols, photos, text or objects of reference.
- Large tags available to support visual impairment easy access to vocabulary.
- Speak All™ tag which enables sequence of tags to be played automatically.
- Colour-coded pages for categorisation of tags.
- 5 location buttons allow single word or sentence level use.
- Unique programming with no need for software or pc easily adjustable volume.
- Inbuilt microphone.
Sound tag can store up to 8 seconds of recording 1GB memory, (30,000 sound tags/1,000 minutes).
Powered by 4 x C Duracell batteries (minimum of 6 months battery life in use).
The ProxTalker is very easy to use; simply place the Sound Tags on the buttons and push them. The picture Sound Tags signal the electronics to speak the picture-words assembled on the device.
Logan’s father, Glen Dobbs and his engineering colleague, Kevin Miller, invented the ProxTalker to help Logan and other people who cannot talk but can use picture exchange to communicate.
Logan figured it out in less than a minute. The first time Logan got to try the ProxTalker he was very happy about it. He used it to request one of his favourite toys, a letter puzzle.
How it works:
- Each Sound Tag is encoded with a unique radio frequency identification code.
- When the Sound tag is placed on the zone button and pressed, the ProxTalker detects the tag and then it speaks the word associated with it.
- There are five-word zone buttons so a complete sentence can be formed.
- Sound Tags are included with the device and are also available to add to a system.
- Specially designed binders and accessories are available for added convenience.
- Multiple real human voices and multiple languages are available.
Call us on +353-1-832 6509 for options. Our team are standing by to answer any questions you might.
We have some Ex-Demonstration models of the ProxTalker available, at very economical prices.