- Robust, ergonomic, lightweight design
- Notebook for storage and speech of longer texts
- Alarm clock
- Phone book functions
- Extensive memory capacity
- Easy to use set up wizard
- Long life rechargeable battery
- Available in black or white
Not just a smooth talker!
In one small package, this Lightwriter is an exciting text to speech aid which helps the user to communicate widely and to control their environment.
- User-friendly, intuitive interface - easy to use functions
- Out-facing daylight readable display - encourages conversational interaction in all settings
- Natural Selection prediction - enables faster communication
- Trainable infrared control - extending the world of AAC to control basic IR controlled devices in the home
- Adjustable keyboard - suitable for a wide range of users
- SMS text messages
- Comprehensive range of accessories
Natural Selection PredictionWill automatically remember the words and phrases you type and how you use them. As you begin to communicate it will predict what you are most likely to enter next, and will display several options on screen to make conversation and typing quicker and easier.
SMS TextingSMS texting on the SL40 operates in the same way as from a mobile phone, sending and receiving short typed messages to and from any other phone, Lightwriter, or other device with SMS capability. This offers users an additional mode of communication which may formerly have been impracticable.
Trainable Remote (environmental control)The SL40 has a Remote application which uses infrared to operate different devices around the home, for example appliances (such as televisions and stereos), toys, and some home control systems. You can easily programme in up to a maximum of 8 devices. Please note that there are some exceptions which will not work with the SL40, mainly some high specification audiovisual equipment.
Adjustable KeyboardThere are many ways in which you can adapt the SL40 keyboard to suit individual needs. Changing the Keyguard - Each Lightwriter is shipped with 3 changeable keyguards, which provide optional barriers of varying depths around the edges of the keys. This can help users to improve their typing accuracy.
Keyboard Layout - The SL40 keyboard setup can be changed to either QWERTY or ABC layouts, depending on user preference.
Key Settings - The time a key must be pressed for to register and the minimum time between pressing keys can both be adjusted in milliseconds. These will again help each individual to improve their typing accuracy.